Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hailz

So...uh...

*Looks around*

Yeah, this is kind of dark and empty when you start out, isn't it?


Anyway, for the 3 people in the world actually reading this, you've stumbled upon my blog, and are probably wondering what shtick this idiot is going to do.


Probably the best place to start is letting you know about myself, and my interests...

I have alot of interests, which would probably all fall under the umbrella term of pop culture, but at my core, I am a 'Gamer'. How relevant that term is, or what connotation it carries, is up for debate, but it's shorthand for what I suppose I am.

I've played video games for the past 10 years, and as such, developed many thoughts and opinions on them along the way. I've always wanted to voice those thoughts, but, I just never got around to doing it, until today.


But among those other interests I'd possibly also like to blog about are film, writing, social issues, hell, maybe even the dreaded political arena...I've heard the advice to keep your blog focused, but as of now I'm seeing if I have enough in me to keep one blog active, so, we'll see how things pan out.


But primarily, I started this blog mainly to talk about video games, and as it happens those other subjects cross into that field more often than not.

It is from video gaming that I draw the name of my blog, after all, The Grinding Axe, a play on the idiom 'an axe to grind', which I have plenty to do, and crossed with the term given to the common gaming activity of grinding.

Which I think is fitting, as my desire to express opinions about video games took root when I was playing Star Wars Galaxies, many years ago, an MMO which naturally, came with a craptop of grinding...

...oh, and there will be swearing here, just a forewarning...

...and, some people will must likely get offended, perhaps because I think they're idiots, and perhaps, because, you know, the internet hates anyone with an opinion...

Anyway, that's about all I can think of, and if the formatting is a bit all over the place, I appologize, I didn't sleep all that well last night.

I'm still fresh to blogging, so we'll see how this goes. Until I decide on a subject to beat on first, that's all for now.



Maybe, this is the beginning of something...or maybe just another archived page amidst the noise of the internet, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment